Welcome to another BONUS episode of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on the episodes from the first two seasons.
In our first bonus episode, we talked about how we make money with an emphasis on the different income streams we have besides freelance writing. In this bonus episode, we dive into how we save and invest the money we earn. And no, we’re not talking about clipping coupons and saving money at the grocery store. This is about our actual saving strategies, the different accounts we use and the investment tips we’ve learned over the years.
As you’ll hear, we’re not doling out investment advice, but instead, giving you an insider’s look at our personal savings goals and investment strategies. In that, we also mention the different banks, apps and financial institutions we use to house our hard-earned money.
This was a really fun episode to record! We’ll be back with season three in January 2017. 🙂
Resources and links:
- Apps we love: Tally (Canada) | Digit (USA) | Acorns (USA)
- Banks we use: Tangerine (Canada) | Capital One 360 (USA)
- Investment resources: Canadian Couch Potato | Betterment (USA)
- Comparison websites: RateHub (Canada) | MyBankTracker (USA) | Bankrate (USA)
- Read: A Case for Renaming Your Bank Accounts
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents