Welcome to the seventh episode of Budgets and Cents with Cait and Carrie. Today we’re talking about budgeting with irregular income.
Carrie loves to talk about budgeting with freelance or irregular income, just like Cait loves chatting about personal budgeting. But this episode is specifically for freelancers, side-hustlers and part-timers who have different streams of money coming in.
In this episode, we talk about how to balance all of this and pay your bills when you have inconsistent paychecks. We also give you tips and tricks to alleviate the stress that comes with the roller coaster ride of inconsistent income, with an emphasis on saving first.
Resources and links:
- Resource: Contently
- Resources: Cait uses Gumroad | Carrie uses DPD
- Purchase: the Mindful Budgeting 2016 Planner
- Test out: FreshBooks Invoicing or GoDaddy Bookkeeping Tax Software
- Read: Double Your Freelancing by Brennan Dunn
- Read: Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- And if you’re in the USA, let Digit help you save!
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait: How I Manage My Money Today
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: How to Budget With Irregular Income When You’re Self-Employed
- Carrie: 5 Proven Ways to Save Money Without a Regular Paycheck
- Carrie: How to Get Paid Faster and Increase Cash Flow