Welcome to the fifth episode of Budgets and Cents with Cait and Carrie. Today we’re talking about embracing minimalism.
This is something we did simultaneously. And we know that minimalism seems to be a buzzword these days, but the movement is growing… and for good reason! We’ve experienced incredible benefits from living with less, and it’s moved into so many areas of our lives beyond just “stuff”.
Why do you hold onto so much “stuff”? Only keep things that spark joy! – Marie Kondo
It’s one of our longest episodes but we really dive into our relationship with clutter and how we embraced minimalism in our own lives. We cover lots of questions related to minimalism and the pursuit of less, as well as why consumers are drawn to this idea (both in the U.S. and Canada).
Also, please note we’re not perpetuating the idea of never consuming or never purchasing things. We just want you to be a more conscious consumer and spend based on your values.
Resources and links:
- Resource: An Uncluttered Life (previously known as Married With Luggage)
- Read: Getting Rid of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
- Resource: The Minimalists’ 20/20 Rule for “just in case” items
- Resource: The Minimalists’ Packing Party
- Read: J. Money suggests decluttering just one drawer!
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait’s decluttering series: Clothes | Books and Office | Bathroom and Kitchen | Random
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents