This season is brought to you by: FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. Click here to try it free for 30 days (and don’t forget to mention Budgets and Cents in the “how did you hear about us?” section).
Welcome to the second season of Budgets and Cents, a podcast co-hosted by Cait Flanders (formerly Blonde on a Budget) and Carrie Smith (Careful Cents). If this is your first time listening, welcome! You can use our episode guide to catch up on what you’ve missed.
This week’s episode was so much fun to record: we’re talking about scaling up your business! There are lots of little steps involved with scaling up, and it’s something that happens over time, not all at once. Both of us are doing this in our own businesses and approach it in different ways. We talk about how to identify areas of your business to scale up and how, like paying for systems, using new tools and apps, and hiring an assistant.
We even open up about what courses we’ve invested in and the equipment we use every day. If you’re experiencing growing pains, or aren’t sure how to take your business to the next level, this episode is filled with our experiences, tips and ideas. We also share a fun announcement about two-thirds of the way through the episode, so you’ll want to listen to the entire thing!
Resources and links:
- What to outsource: A Master Checklist
- Resource: Megan Minns’ advice
- Courses we love: Webinar Rockstar | Pinterest Powerhouse | Asana for Bloggers | Creative Class
- Computers: MacBook Pro and Acer Chromebook
- Microphones: Blue Yeti and Blue Snowball
- Cait’s blog: Cait Flanders
- Cait: What I’ve Learned After 1 Year of Self-Employment
- Carrie’s blog: Careful Cents
- Carrie: What to Do Before Hiring Your First Assistant
- Carrie: How to Know if a Course is Worth the Time or Money